Orbeez are small gel balls that come in a variety of colors and sizes. They are all-natural, non-toxic and do not cause damage to children. They’re fun to use, especially when stressed or bored, that’s why these are also called stress balls.
Gel balls are made of flexible material and can be molded into different shapes depending on the manufacturer. Some varieties of Orbeez come in translucent colors, while others have a more solid appearance.
Orbeez jelly balls are made of a super absorbent polymer, hydroxide and water. They expand and bounce as a result of this. Polyvinyl acetate is a highly flexible polymer that can stretch up to 40% before it breaks.
Polyvinyl acetate has been used in products like plastic wraps, window shades and packaging since the 1960s. Orbeez are created using a process called extrusion. In this process, liquid resin is fed into a narrow tube and squeezed out of the end at high pressure to make a solid object.
The liquid resin acts as the glue to stick the pieces together once they turn into round shape. Check some of the simple methods below to make them easily at home.
Easy DIY Steps to Make Orbeez at Home
Here are different methods to make water beads and gel balls. You can try them and will find amazing facts about them.
- Put the gel in one bowl.
- Add food coloring and mix well to ensure no clumps of food colorings, as they will not dissolve in the water.
- Put all ingredients into a Ziploc bag, cut off a corner and add to the gel mixture.
- Seal the bag and shake until all ingredients are combined, then wait for 30 minutes or more.
- Throughout this time, twist occasionally to make absolutely sure everything is thoroughly combined. If you want to see if it is ready, try taking a small amount out of the bag and squishing it between your fingers; if it feels smooth and stretchy, it’s ready!
- Once your gel balls are ready, remove it from the bag and squeeze excess water out before rolling it between hands into the shape you want.
- The first step in making Orbeez is to squeeze the water out of the bag. You can do this by pinching the corner of the bag and squeezing it in your hand or with a towel.
- The second step is to add food coloring to your mixture. The food coloring will depend on how many balls you want to make, but we recommend using about 3 drops for each ball.
- The third step is to pour your liquid mixture into a blender and mix until it’s smooth. You can use an electric mixer if you don’t have a blender.
- The fourth stage entails increasing the amount of food colorings until the appropriate color is achieved.
- The fifth step is to roll out your mixture into small balls and place them on a plate or tray that won’t stain or leave any stains behind when washed later.
- The sixth step is to cover them with plastic wrap and let them sit overnight, so they become hard enough to hold their shape but soft enough not to crack easily when picked up by hand or squeezed between fingers together.
How to Make Homemade Orbeez or Gel Balls?
Orbeez may be used to create a variety of things and are an excellent stress reliever. You will need a few ingredients:
- Food coloring (use any color which you want).
- Candy melts.
- Parchment paper
Start by pouring your melted candy melts into a bowl or onto parchment paper, then add a few drops of food coloring until it is fully combined. You can do this by taking one colour at a time and adding it to the melted candy melts until it is fully combined.
Next, take each color slowly and roll it into small balls with your hands or a rolling pin, then roll them in between your hands so that they are smooth and have no cracks or bumps on them.
If there are any cracks in your ball, smooth them out again with your hands or another rolling pin. They should be no bigger than walnuts, so try to avoid allowing them get too big!
How to Make Edible Orbeez?
You can make edible gel balls at home by using Tapioca pearls.
- Large Tapioca Pearls
- Food Coloring
To make edible water beads fill the saucepan with enough water so that Tapioca pearls should completely submerg. After that, add the pearls and stir them constantly for 10 to 15 minutes. It should end up when their shell becomes softer and translucent.
Take them and rinse them with cold water. If you have boiled many pearls, separate them into multiple containers. To make these balls even more interesting, add different food coloring. You are free to use any color, such as pure white.
If necessary, thoroughly combine them, then add a little water, do not add too much. Leave them for about 30 minutes until you can do other activities. Then rinse them with cold water to avoid extra coloring.
You can say that making Orbeez is a very interesting activity for kids and adults. Children love to grow and play with them. It is easy to grow them by soaking them in cold water. However, you can also use warm water.
Keep in mind that orbeez stress ball grow to their maximum size. Do not grow them to abnormal size; otherwise, they will burst. We have mentioned several steps to make water beads. Read them carefully and apply then you will be able to make the gel balls and water beads.
These are the easiest and most fundamental steps. Concerning their utilization, you don’t need to. You can benefit from our article.
I am a Nerf gun fan, researcher and modder. I post reviews about Nerf blasters and also share tips to solve issues with your toy guns.